Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Hog Hunt WV Boys
Me and my buddies went down on a Hog Hunt in Georgia as well, this year we had access to some private land, very different than ft stewart but kinda the same too lol, I did go on a 6.2 mile walk and a 8 mile walk as well. Overall we had a good time and got 4 pigs, 3 by myself and one by my buddy Josh. I killed 3 the first two days we were there and two of my biggest ever after that i was on cruise control lol, one of my most successful hunts ever for pigs

[Image: received_259703054477676_zpsm0drtxvw.jpeg]

[Image: received_957214391081021_zpsgjulpg10.jpeg]

[Image: 20170309_104946_zpsjm51adsx.jpg]

[Image: 20170312_201705_zpsdktjqp45.jpg]
VASportsmen.com forum owner/administrator  Admin

VASportsmen's Facebook page  Buddies

Cash's Custom Calls pro staff member [Image: cashsmilie_zpsmgdyaj0s.jpeg]
awesome job! looks like y'all had a lot of fun.
now that is a big pig!!!! congrats on a successful hunt
[Image: runningdog_zps68dd8d0e.gif][Image: birds_zpsdhrljk8e.gif]
Congrats man, nice pigs!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Congrats. Sounds like you had a really enjoyable hunt.
(03-18-2017, 10:40 AM)Tugrivercopper Wrote: .... I killed 3 the first two days we were there and two of my biggest ever after that i was on cruise control lol, one of my most successful hunts ever for pigs

Would you say the success was due to un-pressured private land vs. public, or about the same?
honestly about the same, 6 people went with me and only one other killed a hog, so i cant really say it was 100% better than public land, i am sure the guys that didn't kill (and one did state it) that they wold rather hunt ft stewart

Hunting is hunting, I have always said its all about luck and right place right time for example:

The first two hogs i killed, i had been there maybe two hours into the hunt, the stand i was in was a climber right in the sun, i was burning up and the skeeters were driving me nuts. I climbed down and walked to the swamp cause i knew it was shaded and cooler there, and i was just curious about how much hog sign i would find there being my first time in a new area.

I walked maybe 150 yards looking around and came to a creek too deep to cross, while i was standing there thinking "how the f**k am i gonna get across this" i heard a stick break and here came the big grey sal walking towards me, within 50 yards. Shot her and then the little black one came off the hill and i popped it too. 100% LUCK

The big boar i killed the next evening, i was giving the other guys 1st choice of stands, 4 of them were offered the "5 finger stand" as it is called,no one wanted to hunt it cause it was relatively close to the camp and their was some other stands that were baited heavier in other spots. So i took the "sloppy seconds" as I called it since no one wanted to go there and I was pretty satisfied with 2 hogs anyway. One of the guys had hunted the same stand the previous evening and had seen one deer. I climbed in it and killed a near 200 pound hog...again just luck, 100% luck OR KARMA

when i say KARMA, I truly believe good things happen to people who do good things, the morning before i killed the big boar, one of the guys in my group who had never been hog hunting before, or much hunting at all mentioned that he felt he wasn't really learning anything by hunting in a stand and wanted to walk some. I told him I would go with him and show him the ropes, and if we saw anything he could shoot em. I walked him 6.2 miles and showed him tracks, rooting, wallows, pig poop, etc etc the whole 9 yards etc. How to walk slowly and hunt with your ears 1st and eyes 2nd. where the hogs like to hide on islands and palmettos etc.  Not many people would take a whole morning of their hunting time just to do something like that for someone, i think doing stuff like that comes back on you tenfold. This is a conversation myself and a good guy named Randolph Cox had in georgia, (he works on ft stewart and is the guy who has shown neal, me and others the ropes down there) and he has doen that for alot of other people too, I asked him once why would take people into his honey holes on public land and he told me the same thing as above, it all comes back aorund on ya KARMA
VASportsmen.com forum owner/administrator  Admin

VASportsmen's Facebook page  Buddies

Cash's Custom Calls pro staff member [Image: cashsmilie_zpsmgdyaj0s.jpeg]
Good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk